Thursday 26 November 2015

Patience is a Virtue

"Patience is a Virtue" has become my new motto when it comes to working in the field. The registration process with the CRPO (College of Registered Psychotherapists) has become a much longer process than anticipated. Between documents needing to be sent in by third parties and hours not being counted that I anticipated counting, I have been reminding myself that things will work out all in due time and to take a deep breath.

Meanwhile work has been great. I've been fortunate enough to be able to incorporate DMT into some of the groups I have been facilitating and look forward to bringing in more in the future.

My identity as a professional has been developing and has been a source of reflection lately. I am a dance/movement therapist, not an expressive arts therapist, not an arts and crafts teacher but a dance/movement therapist.

I read a great blog post that someone had posted on the ADTA blog in honour of American Thanksgiving. Please follow the link below to get to it and give it a read, it captures my sentiments fully.

Keep moving, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment