Thursday 17 October 2013

What to call our time together

It's been a few days since my last post, sorry about that! I was fortunate enough to make it back to Canada to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving with my family. Yay self-care! However, it's back to reality this week and catching up on everything.

At my internship we are drafting up the November calendar. With this arose the discussion of when I will give a trial run of a dance/movement therapy group. It has been decided that November 6 is the big day. This will give me time to give a bit of a "presentation" to the residents about what DMT is and what they can expect which will hopefully encourage participation.

The discussion with my supervisor came to a close with us trying to figure out what to name the group as on the calendar. It seems like my fellow classmates are going through this same process now at their sites too with some calling it "dance/movement therapy" and others using "movin' and groovin'". We came up with a few ideas together but it was decided in the end to ask the residents what they think it should be called so that it will draw people in.

Stay tuned for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment