Tuesday 20 January 2015

Association Memberships

This week is a week "off" for me. My intensive course is over, minus the final paper to be written and regular Spring courses don't start until next week along with my internship. Now mind you there is always my thesis to be working on, along with job searching and all those larger "To Do" items that come once graduation is in sight.

One of these larger items is trying to decide what associations I should become a member of after graduation. So far the ones I have been looking into are:

American Dance Therapy Association (this one is a definite yes!)
Dance Movement Therapy Association in Canada
Ontario Expressive Arts Therapy Association

College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists

Each association has its pros and cons, including cost of membership and whether or not insurance is available for practitioners.

After a couple of hours looking into registration requirements, application process and application fees my head is usually swimming. I wish there were a guide out there to help new practitioners with this process!

No comments:

Post a Comment