Wednesday 25 September 2013

Paperwork

Have finally gotten my contract sent in for my internship. Providing everything is approved I will be starting this Friday! The process has been a lot of back and forth which has been a different experience than last year. This contract is also a bit more in-depth and covers many more areas. Reading through the contract with my supervisor was a great experience that allowed us to discuss any concerns we had such as appropriate dress, making a set weekly schedule etc. It has also taught me the importance of being informed of regulations including who and what are covered by which parties' insurance. I think this experience has been one that has taught me what to expect once I join the work force and begin applying for jobs.

Along those lines we discussed SOAP notes in my Clinical Skills and Applications class this week. Having this standard progress note format is a great tool and learning how to complete them accurately and efficiently is important. It gives us a paper trail of all the sessions with clients and is important documentation in any potential lawsuits that may arise. They also provide information to other members of the treatment team. This year we will have practice writing them in class which I am very much looking forward to.

Both of these experiences has reminded me that as a dance/movement therapist, there is still paperwork to be completed and it is not all about the moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment