Tuesday 17 September 2013

Internship

I've finally secured an internship! Received the call today offering me the position and of course I accepted. The site is an independent living facility for seniors and I will be supervised by the head of the activities department. There are 56 residents of varying ages, mental ability and physical ability.

They haven't had a dance/movement therapy student before so it will be a learning opportunity for all involved. I just had my interview yesterday and the facilities look amazing. Before I can officially start the contract needs to be signed and then hopefully I will start shadowing and building relationships with the residents next week.

In the first semester (from now until December) I need to complete 150 hours. So far my supervisor seems to be flexible with scheduling which will come in handy working around classes and maybe even a trip or two home!



No comments:

Post a Comment